OPEN CALL: ENTER - ONLINE RESIDENCY
Designing the Message of the Medium.
This past year saw a surfeit of digital interactions, spaces, and communication in our online worlds. Poor internet connections, unfriendly interfaces and privacy concerns are among the issues we face as users of online platforms. This open call seeks to question how an alternative digital space could look and feel.
In line with these issues, Enter asks you:
How would you redesign the tools, visual design and interactions of Enter, in order to create and alter intimate, human-focused online interaction in the platform?
We call upon all thinkers and creators with experience in digital culture to apply!
There is no age limit for applicants. Individuals and collectives from all places of residence are invited to apply. Applications are open to all degree levels in all disciplines. Equal priority will be given to those without a degree or institutional affiliation who can also demonstrate a high level of creativity, critical though and other potential in their respective fields.
* Open to anywhere in the world
* Background experience/knowledge of digital culture (1-5 years)
* Portfolio - visual and/or written samples
* Self-chosen format (visual, written) in response to the questions, why you think your idea could be relevant (max. 3 minute video or A4 page).
* A fixed stipend of €1,500 will be provided for the duration of the residency
* Applicants must be available 1-22 February
* Should be comfortable communicating within CET timezone (Central European Time) and meeting online twice a week (between Tuesday-Friday)
* Not necessary to have technical knowledge of web systems as you will be working closely with one of our developers to help realise your vision
* The work will be presented at Enter’s digital event after the residency on 24 February 2022
* Documentation of the residency’s development will be required by the participant (and may also be featured in Enter’s upcoming newsletter)
* The resident will have the freedom to change one ‘room’ on the platform
* This residency is entirely remote, therefore no travel arrangements or related costs will be facilitated.
Details of the open call can be found at: https://enterplatform.hetnieuweinstituut.nl/en/residencies
The residency will be hosted and featured on our very own new digital meeting platform Enter: https://enterplatform.hetnieuweinstituut.nl/en
To apply, please submit a single pdf (no larger than 10 MB) or a direct link to your application, presented in English, to email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted by email no later than Monday, December 20, 2021, by 09:00 (CET).
For questions or general inquiries, please email Aileen Ye at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘Enter Open Call [your name]’
Submission deadline: 20 December, 9am (CEST)
Selection deadline: Mid-January, 2022
Start residency: 1 February 2022
End residency: 22 February 2022
Digital event showcase: February 24th, 2022