The second training day of the programme True Counterpower will be held on June 19, 2023 in the installation Museum as Parliament, in the lower ground floor of the Van Abbemuseum, Eindhoven. Activist organisations Linangan Art and Culture Network with WOW and Rode Lelies, Samidoun, AVCollectief (African Refugee Collective), Sudanese Refugee Collective, Fossil Free Culture, Refugee Solidarity Network Germany and Friends of Refugee Solidarity (/Alassa Mfouapon) will give trainings on their methods of resistance and create a platform for exchange, building of revolutionary friendships and collective exploration of the ideas and organisations comprising the body of True Counterpower in the Netherlands today.
Registration for this event before 16 June 2023 via this link.
- 12:30 to 13:00 - Reception with coffee and tea
- 13:00 to 13:15 - Welcome by Steven ten Thije (Head of collections Van Abbemuseum), Serda Demir and Iliada Charalambous (organisers of True Counterpower)
- 13:15 to 14:30 - Session 1: Trainings by Linangan Art and Culture Network with WOW and Rode Lelies & Fossiel Free Culture NL
- 14:45 to 16:00 - Session 2: Trainings by AVCollectief (African Refugee Collective), /Sudanese Refugee Collective & Samidoun Nederland
- 16:00 to 16:15 - Break
- 16:15 to 17:30 - Session 3: Trainings by Friends of Refugee Solidarity (Alassa Mfouapon)
- 17:30 to 17:45 - Break
- 17:45 to 18:30 - Closing and collective reflection
- 19:00 to 21:00 - Dinner at Café Burgers
Participation is free and possible in English or Dutch.
About True Counterpower
True Counterpower is a series of workshops and training which take place in the installation Museum as Parlement in the Van Abbemuseum, Eindhoven. This room is an artwork where the stateless democracy of the Rojava Revolution in Northern-Syria takes central stage. The True Counterpower series of workshops and trainings are organized and programmed by Serda Demir and Iliada Charalambous. The Museum as Parliament committee consists of Iliada Charalambous, Serda Demir, Charles Esche, Murat Memis, Jonas Staal, and Steven Ten Thije.